Monday, August 5, 2013

First Trip to Sydney

Even though I was feeling a bit sick, yesterday I went to Sydney with the group.  To get to Sydney, we have to take a 3 hour train ride.  When we got there we were starving, so we went to this little hole in the wall to eat.  This restaurant experience cause me to realize that I miss tipping.  In Australia you do not tip. The tip is built in to the cost of food.  I miss tipping though because it gets you better service.
We then went shopping.  I found Australian Opal necklaces that were originally a $100 but 50% off.  I bough one for myself and one for my mom for Christmas. I, also, bought a cheap fake Australian opal necklace with a koala bear.  I thought about getting an expensive one with a koala, but decided I was to old for that.
Next we followed Sam as he gave us a tour of Sydney.  He is a dual citizen to both America and Australia.  He has been visiting his family in Sydney throughout his whole life. He took us to this ritzy mall with this cool staircase, to this store with its own DJ called Culture Kings, and to Darling Harbor.  We, also, went to one of the many McDonalds or the Mackers.  At McDonalds I ordered a McDouble with only cheese and ketchup and got only bread, cheese, and ketchup.  They did not give me any beef. There are communication problems at times while ordering.  Overall it was a great first trip into Sydney.


Opera House and Sydney Harbor Pictures





Australian Opal Necklaces


Cool Stairs and Elephant



Darling Harbor







No comments:

Post a Comment